The HDDC Kitchen & Bath Designer designs creative solutions for complex, mid-level design projects. Projects include single and multiple room renovations, new construction and design updates. The Kitchen & Bath Designer assesses customer needs, guides customer decisions, evaluates the scope of the project, integrates information into a design layout, and develops accurate price quotes and provides complete sales presentation for the customer. The Kitchen & Bath Designer is responsible for driving sales and building loyalty for The Home Depot Design Center and The Home Depot while delivering an exceptional customer experience. The Kitchen & Bath Designer must possess strong communication, teamwork, project management and follow-up skills, and is responsible for managing their projects from inception through sale. They will partner with the Project Manager, ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction possible through completion.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
30%- Customer Service
– Communicates the design process and the features, advantages and benefits of the Home Depot Design Center product and services to the client
– Engages clients by asking open-ended questions to determine the client s needs and the scope of the project
– Suggests related items/services that might compliment the client s project needs
– Maintains client relationships by working with the appropriate team members and resolving client issues
60%- Sales & Project Management
– Executes the design process, including client consultations, site visits, creating drawings by hand or with 2020, leading the client presentation and selling the project
– Communicates design plans to the 2020 Tech to execute the design
– Maintains strong relationships and communication with team members in order to successfully execute the project
– Assists with the installation of sold projects by communicating with the Client, Project Expeditor and Project Manager
– Assists in the pre-construction meeting and participates in final project walk through with client
– Transcribes all necessary information into system to order products, determine size and quantity, etc.
– Enters project information to initiate new projects and maintain customer data in the computer system
– Closely monitors daily, weekly, monthly sales reports; makes departmental recommendations to improve sales
– Seeks knowledge to stay informed of new product lines and services
– Routinely develops skills in related areas of expertise; develops team
– Stays abreast of industry trends, government regulations, textiles and building materials, design terminology and trends
– May provide coaching and development to junior/new associates
– Consistently updates knowledge of other HD companies in order to make recommendations to clients
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to the Manager Design.
This position has no direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Most of the time is spent located in a comfortable indoor area with frequent opportunity to move about. There may be exposure to mild physical discomforts from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, loud noise, strong drafts, or bright lights.