The Director of Strategic Communications is responsible for developing and promoting the overall messaging of the company s strategic priorities, business leadership, CSR, and executive communications, both internally and externally, in conjunction with Investor Relations and other key stakeholders. The Director will work closely with the company s CEO and Senior Leadership Team. The Director will also operate as a tightly connected partner with Investor Relations, Strategic Business Development, and the broader Corporate Communications team. The Director will manage all executive communications, including executive media relations and any necessary speech writing and internal message development, as needed. The Director will develop the overarching strategy and execution of internal strategy communications programs.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 40% – Develop integrated internal/external messaging and strategies; Appropriately communicate the company s strategic vision among associates as well as external audiences, as appropriate
- 20% – Drive collaboration on message development and consistency among numerous cross-functional groups
- 20% – Develop clear messaging architecture to ensure consistent strategy communications across leadership and various business functions
- 10% – Oversee coordination and day-to-day logistics needs for internal and external events for the CEO and Executive Leadership Team
- 10% – Manage day-to-day communications activities for the company s CEO and other Executive Leadership Team, as needed
NATURE AND SCOPE
- This position reports to the VP Corporate Communications and External Affairs.
- This position has up to 5 direct reports.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.