The Associate Software Engineer develops, enhances and tests web applications with the guidance of more experienced engineers on the team. The Associate Software Engineer is a self-starter and a passionate learner dedicated to improving their craft while assisting the team to deliver business value. Most importantly, the Associate Software Engineer is a selfless team player that accepts feedback graciously and is dedicated to becoming a valued team member.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
100% – Delivery and Execution:
- Works hands-on as a software engineer under the direction of more experienced software engineers to deliver world-class solutions in support of business initiatives
- Becomes familiar with at least one component of our system
- Learns rapidly and asks questions. Avoids making the same mistake twice.
- Is open to feedback
- Seeks out opportunities to pair with more experienced team members to complete tasks and learn more about the system
- Focuses on improving as an engineer
- Learns to support the ongoing operation of software components delivered to production
- Learns the basics of DevOps and the CI/CD pipeline
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to Manager of Software Development
This position has no Direct Reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements: