MUST LIVE WITHIN 20 MILES OF TARGET CITY
*THIS POSITION IS SECOND SHIFT*
Monday – Thursday / 1:30pm – Midnight
The Home Depot Rental (Large Equipment Rental and Compact Power Equipment Services) is a team of 800+ talented associates based across the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. Comprised of highly trained professional technicians, we provide comprehensive management of commercial equipment including installation, repair, preventative maintenance and parts management. Additionally, we offer large towable equipment rental and on-site equipment delivery.
Compact Power Equipment Services is comprised of over 300 talented and highly trained professional technicians to deliver comprehensive management of commercial equipment including installation, repair, preventative maintenance and parts management. We are dedicated to investing in advanced technology and the continued training of Support and Field Service Professional teams with the singular goal of optimizing the efficiency, safety and productive life span of our customers’ mechanical assets. We are an industry leader with a nationwide footprint in 15 regions across the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
Must reside within 15-20 miles of target city and have a stellar driving record
The position of MAINTENANCE SERVICE PROFESSIONAL provides commercial and industrial minor equipment repair and preventive maintenance services. Representative equipment includes, but is not limited to, paint shaker devices, blind cutting machines, mobility carts, ladders, wood saws, tile saws, wire and carpet carousels.
· Demonstrate the ability to complete light industrial equipment repairs and preventive maintenance on equipment found in big box retailers – The Home Depot / Best Buy.
· Respond to on-site preventative maintenance service calls within contract time frames.
· Use hand and power tools to assemble, disassemble and repair machines.
· Maintain spare part inventory provided by Compact Power Equipment Services.
· Demonstrate the ability to troubleshoot and problem solve equipment issues.
· Adhere to OSHA regulation and safety policies and procedures.
· Communicate effectively with customers, supervisor and coworkers.
· Use sound judgment when dealing with and eliminating safety related issues.
· Demonstrate the ability to manage time and work independently.
· Demonstrate the ability to follow dispatch schedule generated electronically daily.
· Submit paperwork and reports daily.
· Strong attention to detail and a good work ethic preventing re-work and warranty trips.
· Employ safe work practices to limit risk exposure to customer, the public and self.
· Perform general preventive maintenance, changing batteries, saw blades and using grease gun.
· Maintain confidentiality of intellectual property.