The Senior Manager Corporate Communications will work closely with the Sr. Director and Director of Corporate Communications to help establish the strategic direction and day-to-day management of integrated internal and external communications. The Senior Manager is responsible for either providing overall communications support to an assigned portfolio of internal clients that represent key business and functional units, as well as special business initiatives. The Senior Manager will serve as the principal communications strategist and project management supervisor for all communications and related deliverables in support of their client group’s business objectives, as well as the strategic objectives of the Company. As appropriate, the Senior Manager will plan and execute external PR initiatives and will maintain relationships with applicable news outlets and reporters. The Senior Manager will help ensure the team’s communications are on message, consistent in their quality and delivery, and measurable in their results.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Plan and execute proactive, integrated internal/external communications initiatives.
- Build client relationships; develop deep understanding of varied and complex communications needs of client’s business or functional area. Become fully immersed in assigned functional businesses (e.g., attend client staff meetings, strategic planning sessions, and other team gatherings.)
- Counsel internal business clients on most effective communications strategies and tactics.
- Develop communications strategies and plans that are consistent with Company and individual business units goals. Review and approve all implementation components of any client-approved communications initiatives. Maintain current and accurate documentation, and coordinate and/or perform testing of new communications vehicles.
- Work with other communications colleagues in planning/scheduling and sourcing resources. Act as liaison with outside vendors and agencies as appropriate in support of clients, as appropriate. This includes managing any associated budgets.
- Create and maintain wrap-up and executive summary reports that provide measurement analysis and recommendations for continuous improvement.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to Director Corporate Communications.
- Accountable for direct supervision of the work activities of others. In addition to personnel issues — including selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development of subordinates.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.