At Home Depot, our powerhouse Outside Sales and Service organizations – Home Services and Pro – come together to create a one-stop shop for our Do-It-For-Me and Pro customers. With more than 2 million in-home visits a year and a world-class network of local, badged providers, Home Services is the end-to-end solution for home installations – with more than 35 national programs. Accounting for approximately 40% of total company sales, our Pro department creates benefits and services designed specifically to enhance the customer service experience of our Professional and contractor customers.
Our goal is to continue to provide a best-in-class experience to our customers. To do so, we need more innovators, pacesetters, and solutions-oriented associates that are passionate about changing the face of retail services and are ready to think strategically about how we do business. Do you want to be a part of the power behind Home Services and Pro? If so, apply for our summer internship to experience what it is like to be a part of our Home Depot PRO 2019 Summer Internship Program.
The goal of this 12-week summer internship program is to recruit and attract top talent to The Home Depot in order to provide a best-in-class experience for students of our company, our business and our culture. Our goal at the end of the internship is to extend full-time offers to top-performing interns upon receiving undergraduate and post-graduate degrees.
As part of the 12-week summer internship program, interns will have the opportunity to work on value-add business projects, have assigned managers, teams and mentors, learn from the executive leadership team during mentoring sessions, present to leadership on their project, gain exposure to the in-store environment, tour distribution facilities, and network with other Home Depot interns and associates through various social and business networking events. The interns will gain valuable experience from the Customer Service, Marketing and Merchandising divisions.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Use strategic thinking to approach problems and create solutions
- Responsible for the accuracy and quality of work performed
- Develop and implement project plans; determine requirements, deliverables, resources, timing/milestones, and risks
- Communicate findings and project status clearly and professionally through presentations
- Make recommendations to upper management
- Provide comprehensive report out to senior leaders on assignments and other related projects
- Partner cross-functionally to achieve goals
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to Manager or Sr. Manager in the Home Depot PRO Organization
- No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.