The Home Depot QuoteCenter Product Team connects Pro customers to a wealth of products at competitive prices via software experiences that empower our Pro Sales associates to grow market share with Pros. Product Management is charged with being the customers' voice within the company and developing an understanding of what our customers will need now and in the future. That understanding will be brought to life in Business Cases, Concepts, Product Roadmaps, Product Requirements and in interactions with customers, senior management, engineering, business, field operations, and suppliers. The position of Principal Product Manager requires proven communication and collaboration skills and a record of accomplishment interacting with technical, product, and cross-functional teams. You must be self-motivated and demonstrate strong leadership skills, excellent business sense, and experience with software development processes.
The Principal Product Manager will be responsible for leading a highly cross-functional group of associates from product, engineering, data science, business and senior management stakeholders with the goal of building Pro customer-first solutions. The right fit for this role will be someone who has demonstrated ability to balance experimentation and value delivery with operational scalability and long-term improvements to the tech stack that’s set up for future value. They will lead in-depth business reviews, communication and presentation across all levels of the organization. The Principal Product Manager must also exhibit the ability to drive change management and process improvements.
This position reports to the Director of Product Management.
- 10% Delivery and Execution – Coordinates Distinguished Engineers, User Experience Principals, and Impacted Teams to ensure path to scope is known and aligned; Reviews recommended solutions and work of product team to ensure products are aligned with company, stakeholder and end user priorities
- 60% Strategy and Planning – Partners with either a Cross-Functional Program or Technology Portfolio to align outcomes; Cascading context up to leadership and strategy down to balanced teams using OKRs; Lead cross-functional discovery by partnering with UX Principals, Distinguished Engineers (DEs), and balanced teams; Creation, coordination, and sequencing of activities to ensure alignment across impacted teams (Inputs for planning sessions); Providing visibility of the work by providing holistic roadmap with dependencies
- 30% Team and Stakeholder – Partners with leadership to represent the portfolio during enterprise planning, coordination, and discovery; Fosters collaboration across multiple teams and portfolios to drive value and identify and resolve impediments; Manages cross-functional team and stakeholder expectations to ensure scoping aligns to product strategy and provides education to requestors to determine prioritization based on tangible benefits and/or user experience
Direct Manager/Direct Reports:
- This position typically reports to Director
- This position has 0 Direct Reports
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- 5+ years of proficient performance in Product Management role
- 2+ years of previous leadership experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of presentation software (e.g., Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of JIRA, Miro
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Ability to convey complex or technical ideas and processes in easy-to-understand terms to diverse audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, can create artifacts that are exemplary examples for others to follow
- Demonstrates ability to find common ground, lead, inspire and mentor
- Demonstrate ability to think strategically and tactically in an ambiguous environment
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Minimum Years of Work Experience:
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
- No additional years of experience
Minimum Leadership Experience:
Preferred Leadership Experience:
- Business Insights
- Drives Vision and Purpose
- Manages Ambiguity
- Nimble Learning
- Cultivates Innovation
- Manages Complexity
- Situational Adaptability
- Balances Stakeholders
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Drives Results
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Organizational Savvy