HDQC Director of Complex Quoting Operations
We are looking for a self-motivated and results-driven Director to lead and manage our organization’s Complex Quoting business activities and operations and to develop and implement effective business strategies and programs that will dramatically grow our market share by over $1B in the next 3-5 years. The Director’s responsibilities will include driving profitably revenue growth, leading complex business operations, monitoring and motivating staff, defining and reporting on organizational KPIs, ensuring exceptional customer (Field) service, improving complex quoting end-to-end processes-including collaborating with cross-functional partners, engaging with vendors to help win bids on large and complex quotes, hiring, training, mentoring and developing employees, identifying new business opportunities, and monitoring financial performance. Your entrepreneurial spirit, passion and vision in directing business functions will assist our organization in maintaining strong relationships with Field, Merchandising, and Operational stakeholders, generating new business, increasing staff productivity, improving service, ensuring business scalability and meeting business objectives.
The successful candidate for this role should possess excellent communication skills, superior knowledge of complex business functions, exceptional analytical skills, and strong leadership qualities. The Director will be accountable for all business activities, support staff development, operational efficiency, disruptive sales and profit growth, healthy relationships with key stakeholders, and overall growth objectives. You will be successful if you are customer-obsessed, have a bias for action, value servant leadership, exhibit leadership courage, have the ability to disagree and commit when necessary, seek first to understand, and are a pragmatic futurist.
- Overseeing daily business operations.
- Developing and implementing growth strategies.
- Training, Mentoring and Developing managers and staff. Team size 40+ with potential to grow by factors as volume scales and grows.
- Growing revenue while improving profitability.
- Hiring employees.
- Evaluating performance and productivity
- Researching and identifying future growth opportunities.
- Generating reports and giving presentations.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in business management or similar
- Industry experience in complex quoting, blueprint takeoffs / estimating, complex project services, construction project management, home improvement, and/or inside sales highly preferred
- Experience developing collaborative relationships across teams and with customers
- Robust, scalable business process development experience
- Broad knowledge of various business functions
- Strong servant leadership qualities and champion of The Home Depot values
- Highly organized with excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic
- Good interpersonal skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
Major Tasks, Responsibilities & Key Accountabilities:
- 20% Strategy Development: Develop a comprehensive operations strategy in sync with The Home Depot’s Pro operating model. Directs and leads strategic projects focused on growth and strategic planning to drive $1B in growth over the next 3-5 years, requiring frequent & tailored communication to numerous and various stakeholders.
- Operational Execution: dff
- 20% Financial Management: Owns top line sales and gross margin, develops forward-looking action plans and reports to business leaders on a routine basis. Evaluate and advise on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- 20% Leadership: Leads, plans, coordinates teams in an efficient manner to effectively perform programs and processes; utilizes metrics to track performance and manage workload. Ensures operational processes and procedures are compliant and consistent with established policies. Communicates, hires, trains, and develops team as a cohesive and high-performing unit.
Nature and Scope:
Position reports to Senior Director of QuoteCenter
This position has 4-6 direct reports with a team of 40+ associates and growing
Environmental Job Requirements:
1. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.