At QuoteCenter, we’re fueling the Pro marketplace sales from within our global supply chain. Our teams of engineers, designers, merchandising strategists, data and supply operations analysts work together to drive our business forward. QuoteCenter has the scale and network of a multi-billion dollar organization, with the access and entrepreneurial spirit of a small company. We get to see our solutions come to life by working with our end users every day, testing our ideas, and evolving together. QuoteCenter is an application Home Depot store associates use to build large product orders for our Pro customers.
What problems will you be solving in this role? There are multiple problems to help solve, including e-commerce, building a marketplace and catalog search.
What tools do we use? ReactJS, Redux, C#, Node, .NET, ElasticSearch, Kafka, SQL Server, Microservices, GCP/Azure/AWS (to name only a few))
Description An HDQC Senior Software Engineer is a seasoned software developer. Activities include: designing, developing, installing, and maintaining software solutions. Senior level software engineers will be expected to mentor less-experienced members of their team, prepare to become a lead if the opportunity presents itself, and be self-directed and able to lead a small project team. In addition, senior software engineers should maintain technical depth (being very skilled in certain parts of the technology stack) and breadth (not isolated to a single segment of the technology stack).
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
70% – Delivery & Execution:
- Collaborates and pairs with other product team members (UX, engineering, and product management) to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions
- Documents, reviews and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met
- Works with Product Team to ensure user stories that are developer-ready, easy to understand, and testable
- Writes custom code or scripts to automate infrastructure, monitoring services, and test cases
- Writes custom code or scripts to do “destructive testing” to ensure adequate resiliency in production
- Configures commercial off the shelf solutions to align with evolving business needs
- Creates meaningful dashboards, logging, alerting, and responses to ensure that issues are captured and addressed proactively
20% – Support & Enablement:
- Fields questions from other product teams or support teams
- Monitors tools and participates in conversations to encourage collaboration across product teams
- Provides application support for software running in production
- Proactively monitors production Service Level Objectives for products
- Proactively reviews the performance and capacity of all aspects of production: code, infrastructure, data, and message processing
10% – Learning:
- Participates in learning activities around modern software design and development core practices (communities of practice)
- Proactively views articles, tutorials, and videos to learn about new technologies and best practices being used within other technology organizations
Direct Manager/Direct Reports:
- This position reports to the Manager, Information Systems.
- This position has no direct reports.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.