- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- At least 3 years’ experience in search engine marketing including on page, off page, social and local SEO strategies
- Experience using SEO and business related tools including: Omniture/Adobe SiteCatalyst, Search Center, Google/Bing Webmaster tools, Google Adwords, SEOmoz, Advanced Web Ranking suite, SEOclarity and keyword research tools
- A core understanding of HTML/CSS
- Project management experience associated with interactive marketing and/or web projects
- Meticulous and strict understanding of SEO white hat tactics
- Experience in managing both paid and organic search
- Marketing/web experience associated with a national-level retailer
- E-commerce knowledge and experience
- Prior analytics and data analysis exposure
- Strong Communication skills
- Solid understanding of the technical pieces of marketing channels such as backend tracking, search string URLs, 3rd party site tracking, data feeds and internal search
- Knowledge of Adobe technologies
- Intermediate/Advanced capabilities with Microsoft Excel required
- A steadfast passion for SEO and internet marketing
- Proven SEO Experience and understanding
- In depth knowledge of current and developing SEO trends
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Minimum Years of Work Experience:
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
- No additional years of experience
Minimum Leadership Experience:
Preferred Leadership Experience:
- Action Oriented
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Drives Results
The Sr. Analyst/Associate Search Account Manager (SEO) plays a key role in executing The Home Depot’s organic marketing strategies. The role is responsible for managing project(s) & collaborating with partners to execute day-to-day tactical SEO strategies that drive organic search traffic. This role will provide technical recommendations, reporting and insights to enable The Home Depot .com teams to identify optimization opportunities and make data-driven decisions that drive traffic and conversion. It will be critical to discover under-performing areas and to identify opportunities that improve overall program performance, for the areas you oversee. This individual must possess strong communication skills and an understanding of Earned Media and SEO to maximize organic discoverability in search engines. This associate will be responsible for seeing their strategies through to fruition.
As a Sr. Search Analyst you will:
– Perform continuous site auditing, and recommend scalable on-page optimization based on business objectives for both existing functionality and new opportunities – Provide SEO best practices in alignment with current technical principals and homedepot.com systems – Research, develop and help drive large-scale solutions to broaden organic performance – Own daily monitoring of assigned SEO performance, weekly/monthly roadmap and delivery of ad-hoc reporting – Evangelizing SEO across multiple departments, business groups and corporate levels – Work with cross-functional stakeholders from Merchandising, Product Management, IT, Earned Media, and others to ideate and execute SEO strategy – Serve as a liaison between internal stakeholders and the rest of Earned Media – Responsible for management and execution of day-to-day tactical SEO strategies to drive online traffic and sales – Develops and maintains day-to-day relationships with internal and external (vendor) partners
- 20% Measures ongoing effectiveness of areas you oversee against target metrics, and makes frequent adjustments to leverage any necessary changes
- 20% Create, adjust and present plans based on data driven decisions
- 40% Own a large part of the project life-cycle from any needed discovery and initial assessments through launch, including ongoing measurement and reporting. Integrate initiatives with internal partners in Marketing, IT, Creative, Merchandising, Operations
- 20% Responsible for evangelizing the evolving world of search engines at all levels of the organization in terms of best practices, industry standards, and legal requirements.
Direct Manager/Direct Reports:
- This position typically reports to Search Account Manager
- This position has 0 Direct Reports
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- No travel required
Paid parental leave to bond with your new addition
401(K) savings plan with company match
Merit increases and performance bonuses
On-the-spot recognition and rewards for a job well done
See More Benefits
For California, Colorado, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Nevada, New York City, Ithaca (NY), Westchester County (NY), and Washington residents:
The pay range for this position is between $65,000 – $100,000.
Starting salary may vary based on a number of factors including, but not limited to, the position being offered, location, education, training, and/or experience. The Home Depot offers additional competitive and non-financial benefits, which may include a performance-based bonus program or a profit sharing program depending on position.