At QuoteCenter, we’re fueling the Pro marketplace sales from within our global supply chain. Our teams of engineers, designers, merchandising strategists, data and supply operations analysts work together to drive our business forward. QuoteCenter has the scale and network of a multi-billion dollar organization, with the access and entrepreneurial spirit of a small company. We get to see our solutions come to life by working with our end users every day, testing our ideas, and evolving together.
We are an Agile organization that continually iterates and improves our E-Commerce platform to better the experience for our associates and Pro customers.
The Home Depot QuoteCenter technology team is focused on radically reimagining the shopping experience at Home Depot utilizing the latest web technologies and data tools.
What problem will you be solving in this role?
You will build a strong engineering culture of engineers that create innovative products.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
70% – Delivery & Execution:
- Collaborates and pairs with other product team members (UX, engineering, and product management) to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions
- Documents, reviews and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met
- Ensures code or scripts to automate infrastructure, monitoring services, and test cases exists
- Ensures code or scripts to do “destructive testing” to ensure adequate resiliency in production exists.
- Ensures meaningful dashboards, logging, alerting, and operational response time are defined, measured appropriately so that issues are captured and addressed proactively
- Contributes to enterprise-wide tools to drive destructive testing, automation, or engineering empowerment
- Identifies product enhancements (client-facing or technical) to create a better experience for the end users
- Identifies unsecured code areas and implements fixes as they are discovered with or without tooling
- Contributes to foundational code elements that can be reused many times by a product
- Contributes to meaningful architecture diagrams and other documentation needed for security reviews or other interested parties
- Defines Service Level Objectives for product(s) to constantly measure their reliability in production and help prioritize backlog work
20% – Support & Enablement:
- Fields questions from other product teams or support teams
- Monitors tools and participates in conversations to encourage collaboration across product teams
- Provides application support for software running in production
- Proactively monitors production Service Level Objectives for product(s)
- Proactively reviews the performance and capacity of all aspects of production: code, infrastructure, data, and message processing
- Triages high priority issues and outages as they arise
10% – Learning:
- Participates in and leads learning activities around modern software design and development core practices (communities of practice)
- Proactively views articles, tutorials, and videos to learn about new technologies and best practices being used within other technology organizations
- Attends conferences and learns how to apply new technologies where appropriate
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to the Senior Manager of Software Engineering.
This position has 5-10 direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.