The Home Depot is able to offer virtual employment of this position in the following states: AL, AK, AZ, AR, DE, DC, FL, GA, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, ME, MD, MA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY
The Staff User Experience Designer is responsible for designing intuitive, quality products through collaboration with end users and modern software development teams. The Staff User Experience Designer will act as a mentor and peer leader to other User Experience Designers to help them grow and develop. The Staff User Experience Designer will collaborate with the User Experience Designers to ensure a logical flow of the product.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
50% – Strategy & Planning:
- Communicates with key user and operational groups to understand business needs
- Elicits ideas and assists team members with gaining shared understanding, and aligns the product team and stakeholders
- Presents design concepts, user needs, and design rationale to multidisciplinary teams, as well as to key stakeholders and business partners
- Guides more junior team members in strategy and alignment tasks
50% – Delivery & Execution:
- Analyzes user experience data and provides recommendations to address business needs
- Collaborates and pairs with other product team members (UX, engineering, and product management) to design solutions
- Creates designs such that information is easy to find, consume, and understand
- Communicates ideas and designs to end users and product team members
- Guides more junior team members in analysis and execution tasks
- Leads learning activities around modern software design and development core practices (communities of practice)
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to the User Experience Manager or Sr. Manager.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Conditions could produce mild discomfort on occasion.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.