Sr. User Experience Designers work hand in hand, often pairing, with other members of product teams to bring products to life.
The Sr. User Experience Designer is responsible for designing intuitive, quality products through collaboration with end users and modern software development teams. Sr. Designers work directly with end users to collect and analyze quantitative and qualitative data through formal research. This information is used to inform product-related hypotheses, recommendations, and ultimately user stories in the product backlog.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
40% – Planning & Analysis:
- Communicates with key user and operational groups to understand business needs
- Elicits ideas and assists team members with gaining shared understanding, and aligns the product team and stakeholders
- Presents design concepts, user needs, and design rationale to multidisciplinary teams, as well as to key stakeholders and business partners
60% – Delivery & Execution:
- Analyzes user experience data and provides recommendations to address business needs
- Collaborates and pairs with other product team members (UX, engineering, and product management) to design solutions
- Creates designs such that information is easy to find, consume, and understand
- Communicates ideas and designs to end user and product team members
- Participates in and contributes to learning activities around modern software design and development core practices (communities of practice)
NATURE AND SCOPE
Typically reports to the User Experience Manager or Sr. Manager.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Conditions could produce mild discomfort on occasion.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.