The Senior Manager AP Operations is responsible for ensuring that key strategic Asset Protection programs are fully implemented across the organization. Key responsibilities include coordination with internal and external stakeholders on the development of Asset Protection strategies that drive profit improvement and shrink performance, partnering with AP and other functional leaders to drive performance in an inter-connected manner; direct supervision for day-to-day and long-range planning for AP; monitors implementation and effectiveness of AP programs; analyzes statistical trends, reports, DC visits, and other information. The Senior Manager Loss Prevention works closely with the Senior / Director(s) Asset Protection and Senior Directors of Operations. Sr Manager Loss Prevention must be able to handle multiple projects and gain buy-in of local and divisional leaders to achieve goals.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 30% Identify findings from data and make actionable verbal/written recommendations to business partners regarding AP programs (shrink/theft/fraud reduction and safety/regulatory compliance) to drive improved performance.
- 10% Successfully integrate with Store Operations to ensure proactive approaches for AP programs (shrink/theft/fraud reduction and safety/regulatory compliance) are taken within the development of new company initiatives.
- 20% Responsible for hiring, training, evaluating, mentoring, and disciplining Asset Protection Managers
- 20% Regularly scheduled visitation with all direct reports; specific store visits prioritized based on individual store performance measurements.
- 20% Follow up, accountability, and communication to include reviewing progress related to the timely execution of game plans partners and direct reports; conduct DC walks to monitor identified deficient areas; participate in and conduct staff meetings with direct reports and business partners.
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to the VP of Loss Prevention
Accountable for direct supervision of the work activities of others. In addition to personnel issues — including selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development of subordinates.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.