A Logistics Analyst uses analytical methods and a variety of tools to understand, predict, and/or control Logistics operations and processes. Analysts are responsible for data management, analyzing performance, identifying problems, and developing recommendations that support Logistics management. Solves problems by considering courses of action within the framework of management s goals and standards. Completes all tasks in expected timeframes. Must be a self starter, detail oriented, able to support multiple projects and/or Logistics business functions, possesses excellent communication skills, works well with a team, interacts with multiple levels and functions with the Logistics organization, and able to manage vendor/business relationships.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 25% Create and analyze reports to support business execution
- 25% Develops business tools and solutions based on knowledge, product or technology and identifies Logistics process improvement
- 15% Supports vendor/business partner relationships
- 15% Develops and maintains cost estimates, forecasts, and cost models
- 10% Performs data management through a combination of data mining, data modeling, data analysis, cost/benefit analysis and/or problem analysis; while executing day to day processes related to area of responsibility
- 10% Supports the business through ad-hoc queries, and maintains reports from a variety of resources as specific to department or organizational needs
NATURE AND SCOPE
No direct responsibility for supervising others.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant condition
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.