***Consistent with The Home Depot’s commitment to openness and transparency, we are informing you that a qualified in-line successor is being considered for this position. However, all interested candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. No selection decision has been made, and the final decision will be based solely upon choosing the most qualified and suitable candidate for the position.
POSITION PURPOSE-REMOTE WORK POSSIBLE
The Sr Manager Asset Protection is responsible for ensuring that Asset Protection programs are fully implemented and are being executed per expectations within assigned distribution centers. Key responsibilities include analyzing and managing safety programs, shrink performance, partnering with general managers and field Senior Directors of Operations, monitoring shrink indicators and theft and fraud investigations, conducting DC walks, reviewing exception reports, and managing and developing the APMs within their assigned distribution centers; direct supervision for day-to-day and long-range planning for AP; monitors implementation and effectiveness of AP programs; analyzes statistical trends, reports, DC visits, and other information. The Sr Manager Asset Protection works closely with the Director Asset Protection and Senior Directors of Operations. Sr Manager Loss Prevention must be able to handle multiple projects and gain buy-in of local and divisional leaders to achieve goals.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 30% Identify findings from data and make actionable verbal/written recommendations to business partners regarding AP programs (shrink/theft/fraud reduction and safety/regulatory compliance) to drive improved performance.
- 10% Successfully integrate with Store Operations to ensure proactive approaches for AP programs (shrink/theft/fraud reduction and safety/regulatory compliance) are taken within the development of new company initiatives.
- 20% Responsible for hiring, training, evaluating, mentoring, and disciplining Asset Protection Managers
- 20% Regularly scheduled visitation with all direct reports; specific store visits prioritized based on individual store
- performance measurements.
- 20% Follow up, accountability, and communication to include reviewing progress related to the timely execution of game plans partners and direct reports; conduct DC walks to monitor identified deficient areas; participate in and conduct staff meetings with direct reports and business partners.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- This position reports to the Director of Loss Prevention
- Accountable for direct supervision of the work activities of others. In addition to personnel issues — including selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development of subordinates.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 20% of the time.