Reporting to the branch installation manager, the installation technician is responsible for performing quality product installation of select home improvement jobs sold through the organization’s sales team. This will include measuring, confirming product specifications sold with the order details, or editing orders sold, delivery of products necessary for the install, installing products that meet industry and company standards, and completing services on prior install jobs. The installation technician must ensure timely completion of all measures, deliveries, installations and service jobs. The installation technician works independently at the customer’s home and is responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction through professional and courteous communication, attention to detail, quality and timely installation of products and services offered. Strict adherence to compliance, safety, job process and installation standards is required.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
50% Customer Service
– Ensures timely completion of all jobs, installations and services
– Listens to and resolves install issues and or complaints in the field and escalates issues if beyond their skill set
– Documents all pertinent information regarding daily measure, delivery, installation or service paperwork information for accurate record keeping.
– Cleans and maintains the interior of vehicle.
– Obtain customer signature on packing slip for the receipt of goods regarding delivery or Installs/services
-Follows-up on customer concerns
-Ensures customer needs are met.
50% Product Installation
– Installs and services only products sold through the Company’s sales organization
– Ensures compliance and strict adherence to job process, installation and safety standards
– Diagnoses installation issues, seeking additional support as needed
– Communicates status of each stop to scheduling and routing dept. along with accounting for accurate billing process
-Performs routine inspections on vehicle, tools and equipment using vehicle, tool and equipment inspection forms and reports any immediate safety concern to management.
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to the Branch Installation Manager
This position has 0 Direct Reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as dust, fumes or odors.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.