At The Home Depot, we help doers get more done. In order to do this, our Learning Design & Development team creates simple, relevant, and effective learning experiences
for our orange-blooded associates. We have a strong team of Instructional Designers who are focused on the goal of developing our associates, and we’re looking to add to the team.
That’s where you come in! This Instructional Designer will help design, develop, and implement cutting-edge development programs that build competence and confidence in our associates. You will be part of a dynamic, collaborative team that creates learning solutions to build knowledge, skills, and abilities.
When you join The Home Depot, you join a team that takes care of our people. The Instructional Designer will take care of our Supply Chain associates and ensure they are equipped with what they need to effectively do their jobs and achieve business results.
Interested? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have strong communication skills and you’re comfortable communicating through technology (WebEx, Microsoft Teams, etc.) because this position is fully remote.
- You are passionate about development and have a strong background with applying instructional design and adult learning principles to create instructional courses, assessments, job aids, and other learning deliverables.
- You have a track record of using innovative approaches.
- You have experience with creating deliverables for all phases of the course creation lifecycle, including analysis documents, design documents, storyboards, and final learning deliverables.
- You have experience with Agile Learning Design or the Successive Approximation Model (SAM).
- You are self-driven, collaborative, resourceful, and excellent at project management.
- You are comfortable taking risks, communicating new ideas to a variety of audiences, being a trusted consultant and partner, and propelling current thinking about development to the next level.
Is this you? If so, we want to talk to you!
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
50% – Use Agile Learning Design to develop learning solutions that support Supply Chain associates, including eLearning, videos, instructor-led training, distance learning, blended learning, etc.
20% – Collaborate with Learning Strategy Senior Managers and subject matter experts throughout the project lifecycle.
10% – Work with standard development tools and software (Articulate Storyline, PowerPoint, etc.).
10% – Communicate with project team members and effectively manage projects.
10% – Work on creative and innovative ways to develop associates.
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to Manager of Learning Design.
This position has 0 direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant condition
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.