MUST RESIDE WITHIN 20 MILES OF TARGET CITY (DALLAS TX)
The Home Depot Rental, a Home Depot Company, located in Fort Mill, SC, is a fast-growing, values driven organization comprised of Rental and Services divisions. We are a team of over 700 talented associates based across the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico.
The Home Depot Rental Division operates in over 1100 locations of The Home Depot across the US and Canada, offering large towable equipment rental and on-site equipment delivery. The THD Rental fleet includes trenchers, chippers, mini-excavators, skid steers, aerial equipment, and tractor loader backhoes among others. With a large team of highly trained technicians, operators, and VIP customer care associates throughout the United States and Canada, THD Rental is a technology focused leader in the equipment rental industry.
We live our Core Values: Excellent Customer Service, Creating Shareholder Value, Entrepreneurial Spirit, Taking Care of Our People, Respect for All People, Doing the Right Thing, Building Strong Relationships, Giving Back
The Mobile Service Technician – Mechanic (MST) is responsible for creating and maintaining a thriving equipment rental business at the store by providing excellent customer service, having the right mix of equipment, and keeping the fleet rental ready at all times. This position is assisting area mechanics in construction/landscape equipment service. Experience and the ability to effectively apply that experience in a team or independent environment. Mechanical and electrical repair experience is considered a plus and in some cases may be a requirement. Strong verbal and written communication, and problem solving skills are required. Must employ safe work practices to limit risk exposure to the customer, the public and self.
- Performing daily inspections on the equipment for rental readiness, and neat in appearance
- Performing needed repairs and preventive maintenance on equipment
- Initiating service calls and/or ordering parts needed for equipment repairs
- Assisting rental customers in determining the equipment needs and availability of equipment
- Training customers in the safe and proper operation of the equipment process
- Inspecting overall appearance of THD Rental Signage, inspecting equipment for proper security
- Training store associates in the safe and proper operation of the equipment and CPEC operating procedures
- In conjunction with THD Area Rental Manager’s review performance of equipment at the store and recommend needed equipment or transfers of under-utilized equipment
- May visit other stores in the market to inspect THD Rental equipment and assist and train Home Depot associates
- Maintaining professionalism in appearance, dress, and personal contact
We offer a full array of benefits that include health, well-being, and financial. Please visit LIVETHEORANGELIFE.COM for more details.