Through the power of Interline Brands and The Home Depot, the purpose of the Outside Sales position is to using a solution selling approach prospect for business to business new account opportunities as well as manage and growing existing accounts.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- 25%- Prospect for new customers and secure appointments to share the Interline/Home Depot proposition and offerings.
- 40%- Manage existing accounts on a daily basis making on-site customer calls to uncover need.
- 5%- Using the company CRM tool, prepare a weekly sales plan that shows initiated sales, sales leads and prospects as well as account penetration.
- 10%- Learn and understand the basic applications of the products that we sell and how to partner with both internal and external resources to provide solutions to customers.
- 15%- Work with internal and external sources to provide solutions for customers.
- 5%- Attend and actively participate in monthly sales meetings.
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to the Regional Sales Manager. No direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Usually in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort from such things as dust, fumes or odors.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.