The Director of Technology (CTO) role at QuoteCenter focuses on defining and leading the implementation of long-term strategic technology roadmaps. This role brings company-wide architecture, platform, data design and engineering practices under one leader. The CTO is responsible for the common foundational technology strategy for the company, in support of QuoteCenter’s business goals. As leader, the CTO will cast and implement a vision of excellence for the department, exemplify servant leadership and partner with Senior Managers and Managers to develop individual contributors.
QC is looking for a leader with a demonstrated track record of:
- Leading the strategy, planning, and execution of enterprise wide technology roadmaps
- Defining, evolving and implementing QuoteCenter Architectural Principles
- Working cross-functionally with teams inside QuoteCenter and influence decision making within senior-level audiences
- Researching global technology trends and their applicability to QuoteCenter’s capabilities
- Evangelizing, define and implement self-service software to drive efficient software development practices
- Maintaining strong relationships with key customers and internal partners
- Promoting a positive work environment; select and train new team members; continuously provide feedback, mentoring, and coaching to existing team members, as well as raising the bar of performance
- Partnering closely with business leaders across functions to identify and prioritize the company’s goals
- Leading leaders globally; mentoring and fostering a high performing collaborative team
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
30%- Provides strategic direction for all Technology department activities, including Technology discipline perspective to executive
leadership, peer leadership, and direct reports.
30%- Create a strategy to maintain a close relationship with other technology teams within The Home Depot to allow the free
exchange of ideas, best practices and experience.
20%- Works closely with engineering managers, Product and Operations through the entire Agile software development lifecycle to
ensure that cross-functional teams are delivering business value in a timely fashion.
20%- Works closely with department managers to develop career advancement opportunities for associates in the Technology
Nature and Scope
This position has 3-5 direct reports.
Environmental Job Requirements
1. Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.