The Manager of Corporate Compliance’s primary responsibilities will be to execute an internal and external compliance and ethics communication program for the company, its operating units, and international locations and manage the company’s whistleblower hotlines to mitigate risk. Responsibilities also include managing compliance staff and supporting the Sr. Manager with the company’s compliance, ethics, and enterprise risk management programs. The individual must possess strong communication, cognitive, analytical, and organizational skills while maintaining the ability to handle an ever developing compliance and ethics program. The Manager will be sought out as an expert resource on compliance and ethics matters.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- 30% Manage the planning, development, execution and follow up of enterprise risk assessment processes and report out. Liaise with Internal Audit. Manage compliance staff to maintain enterprise compliance metrics and compliance information systems
- 20% Coordinate with Corporate Compliance Sr. Director, Internal Audit and other necessary parties to design and prepare quarterly ERC report out, corresponding SLT metrics and Board of Director updates
- 20% Interview, hire and educate new compliance staff while creating a strong collaborative environment where compliance staff is developed and motivated to excel. Develop and review compliance staff.
- 15% Manage Officer Certification process and other high level compliance initiatives (CCEW, Officer on boarding, etc.)
- 15% Plan, develop, implement and communicate enterprise-wide compliance policies, trainings and communications
NATURE AND SCOPE
Reports to Senior Manager Corporate Compliance and Enterprise Risk Management
Accountable for direct supervision of the work activities of others. In addition to personnel issues — including selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development of subordinates.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements: