The primary purpose of this role is to assist the asset protection manager in performing his/her functions. Performing AP and Safety-related activities to support The Home Depot s business objectives, such as but not limited to minimizing shrink, risk and safety incidents, providing on boarding to AP programs, OSHA standards and investigations, training, coaching and response to potentially volatile situations requiring quick, effective decisions and conducting investigations. This includes responsibility for data integrity and tracking of various performance metrics across AP duties. The role has experience in asset protection, safety, merchandise auditing compliance, hazmat, OSHA standards, and investigations to ensure The Home Depot maintains a safe, a safe work culture by providing support to the asset protection manager and facility leadership team, in assigned building, related to improving shrink, safety, expenses and liability.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
40% – Compliance:
– Assist DC Asset Protection Manager with conducting monthly audit cadence that provides insight into shrink risk, overall safety compliance, merchandise accuracy audit completion, and regulatory compliance.
– Assist DC Asset Protection manager with regulatory investigations such as OSHA, EPA, state and federal agencies.
– Leverage contracted site guard supervisors, and ensure all electronic security systems are in good working order at all times.
– The overall audit process(s) will highlight operational deficiencies and will lead to the development of a dynamic game plan that will correct or mitigate exposures identified within the scope of the audits.
30% – Safety:
– Review weekly incident reporting and review trends with leadership team
– Participate in onsite meetings with regulatory agencies and follow company SOP s as it relates to interacting with such agencies.
– Maintain compliance with all Supply Chain security measures that will include but not limited to a seal compliance and testing program, maintaining a strong physical security presence.
– Leads auditors in daily operations; monitors to ensure a high degree of accuracy in the shipping of product, safety, recording auditing errors, and reviewing errors with facility leadership.
– Participate in all safety incident investigations to help drive additional training and accountability.
– If needed, assist APM with creating new processes that prevent safety incidents from occurring.
15% – Accuracy:
– Responsible for the training, coaching and feedback of auditors and performs regular evaluations of associates through factual data and subjective observations.
15% – Shrink:
– Assist DC Asset Protection Manager with the Company s internal and external theft program. Identify and process temporary labor and external visitors who commit theft. Maximize merchandise recoveries.
– Observations on floor, identifying safe work practices and correcting unsafe work practices
– Adhere to all Company policies governing apprehensions. Minimize risk of injuries during apprehensions.
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to the DC Asset Protection manager.
This position has up to 3 direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.