The Sr. Manager Inventory Solutions will be responsible for leading a team through project-based initiatives to improve the Inventory Planning and Replenishment systems for The Home Depot. They will oversee the team through agile cadence processes, including strategy, research, design, product management, and change management associated with the creation of new systems or changes to existing systems. The Sr. Manager will drive value via oversight of impact to Inventory Management metrics and/or improvements to Operations business process, while simultaneously driving key product management metrics.
Additionally, this role will be responsible for driving product management process improvement initiatives across multiple products, as they strive to develop a “best in class” organization. The Sr. Manager Inventory Solutions will be charged with overseeing multiple initiatives against aggressive schedules. As the principle driver of their initiatives, this person will work across functional groups and ensure success; drive change management by understanding, communicating, and managing changes associated with system enhancements, implementations and process improvements.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- 30% Leads a group of managers as well as cross functional projects. Oversee development of project plans, timelines,and coordination of teams across each operational area. Ensure on time delivery of specific goals and requirements for inventory mangement projects
- 30% Collaborates with cross functional business partners to effect process improvements, implement process change, business strategy analysis, and application of information technology.
- 20% Supports strategic growth by operating from a strategic perspective; evaluates and pursues business process improvement opportunities based on their fit with broader strategies across the supply chain.
- 10% Develop Metrics and reporting to support business needs
- 10% Analyze, identify and implement opportunities and corporate initiatives for improvement that have measurable dollar impact each year
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Typically reports to Director – Inventory Solutions
Accountable for the management of a department or functional group through subordinate supervisors/managers and for all personnel issues — including selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development of subordinates.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements:
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.