Come build something different with The Home Depot.
Over the next few years, we will be migrating all our financial systems to S/4HANA in the Cloud including CAR, CFIN, ARIBA, inventory management and reporting. With over $100 billion in annual sales, 400,000 associates and 2,200 stores, this will be one of the largest tech finance transformations.
The initiative is powered by the latest SAP Activate methodology blended with an agile realization and support phase. As a member of the team, you will leverage SAP technologies and collaborate with a group of industry experts to advance this company-wide transformation.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
70% – Delivery & Execution:
- Collaborates and pairs with other product team members (UX, engineering, and product management) to create secure, reliable, scalable software solutions
- Documents, reviews and ensures that all quality and change control standards are met
- Works with Product Team to ensure user stories that are developer-ready, easy to understand, and testable
- Writes custom code or scripts to automate infrastructure, monitoring services, and test cases
- Writes custom code or scripts to do “destructive testing” to ensure adequate resiliency in production
- Configures commercial off the shelf solutions to align with evolving business needs
- Creates meaningful dashboards, logging, alerting, and responses to ensure that issues are captured and addressed proactively
20% – Support & Enablement:
- Fields questions from other product teams or support teams
- Monitors tools and participates in conversations to encourage collaboration across product teams
- Provides application support for software running in production
- Proactively monitors production Service Level Objectives for products
- Proactively reviews the performance and capacity of all aspects of production: code, infrastructure, data, and message processing
10% – Learning:
- Participates in learning activities around modern software design and development core practices (communities of practice)
- Proactively views articles, tutorials, and videos to learn about new technologies and best practices being used within other technology organizations
NATURE AND SCOPE
Typically reports to the Software Engineer Manager or Sr. Manager.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements: